Yesterday was Easter Sunday and so the fam and I headed out east to my parents house on Long Island to celebrate. This means more food than the average person should be able to consume in the form of ham, leg of lamb, macaroni and cheese and BRUSSEL SPROUTS.
These are my dad’s favorite way to cook and eat brussels sprouts and my favorite, too! I was thrilled to help him make them this year. And will definitely be making them again at home soon.
The sauce is really what brings this dish together. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and spicy in every bite. Honey and Sriracha pair so well with the brussels sprouts. And it’s SO easy to make!
Sriracha Honey Brussel Sprouts
The spicy and sweet brussels sprouts you've been waiting for.
- 1 1/2 pounds of brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoon sriracha
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim base of sprouts and discard.
- Slice sprouts in half.
- In large bowl, whisk EVOO, vinegar, honey and sriracha.
- Toss in sprouts until coated.
- Top with salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly on baking sheet, flat sides down.
- Pour remaining sauce around pan.
- Roast 20-30 minutes, until crispy on outside and golden/caramelized on outsides.