I’m beyond thrilled that the high today will be 75 degrees Fahrenheit here in beautiful Jersey City. And in celebration of Spring finally kicking out winter, I decided it was time for grilling and fresh salads.
Grilling because it’s the perfect excuse to spend more time outdoors and also means Fozzie Bear gets to be my sous chef. Salads, because well, Spring means Summer is right around the corner and so I’ll be cleaning up my diet just a bit.
Not only is this delicious to eat, it’s SO easy to make. A bit of prep, followed by some creative skewing is really all it takes before these babies load up on the grill and sizzle.
Another reason behind my inspiration here is that I love cooked salads. Typically achieved by sautéing the ingredients before mixing them in with some fresh greens and dressing. Such a savory dish, packed with flavor and tender textures.
For a dressing here, I opted for a homemade tzatziki dressing, made of English cucumber, lemon, fresh dill, Greek yogurt and olive oil. It was the fresh and tasty topping this dish needed! I even have a bunch leftover that I’ll be eating all week-long!
I really can’t stress enough how easy this dish was. I hope it makes its way into your Spring weeknight dinner rotation 🙂
Kabob Salad with Homemade Tzatziki Dressing
The easy, tasty salad that will have you coming back for seconds.
- Kabob Salad
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 yellow squash, thickly sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 small red onion, cut into square chunks
- Assorted colorful small tomatoes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 container of fresh, washed spinach Tzatziki Dressing
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup of dill, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- Spray grill with non-stick cooking spray and preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 15-30 minutes while prepping meat and veggies.
- In a medium bowl, toss together chicken, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano and salt.
- Skew the veggies and chicken leaving about an inch on either side to help with grilling.
- Place skewers on hot grill, and grill for 4-6 minutes. Then, flip the skewers and grill for another 4-6 minutes until done.
- While skewers grill, make the dressing by placing all ingredients in food processor. Pulse until you have a smooth a creamy consistency.
- To assemble, place a handful of spinach/greens in a large bowl, remove grilled vegetables and chicken from skewer and place on top on the spinach. Toss all together with 1-2 tablespoons of the dressing.