I’m so excited to share my first recipe for Prix Fixe Apron! For YEARS I’ve been saying how I should have/start a food blog and have always found an excuse to push it off. Well, no more! Prix Fixe Apron will chronicle my foodie experiences – whether it’s a meal being enjoyed at a restaurant or a recipe I’ve developed or tested. To kick things off, I give you – Blackened Shrimp Tacos.
These Blackened Shrimp Tacos bring the heat to Taco Tuesday. Featuring a spice mix that’s customizable depending on your tolerance for spice, it can be adapted to suite all tastes. As an avid hot sauce lover and seeker of all things spicy, the recipe listed here definitely kicks things up a notch.
The creaminess of fresh avocado and tart twist of a lime wedge keep them coming back for more. Being a lover of all things spicy, I love topping these off with a drizzle of Valentina. Delicious!
Blackened Shrimp Tacos
Bring the heat to Taco Tuesday.
- Blackened Spice Mix:
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 pound cleaned, large shrimp
- 1/2 tbsp. butter
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/3 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Drizzle of Valentina hot sauce
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the spice mix.
- Coat the shrimp in the blackened spice mix.
- Add the butter to a sauté pan and melt on medium-low heat.
- Toss the shrimp into the pan and cook for 4-6 minutes on medium-high heat. Set aside.
- Heat the tortillas either on the stove with a warm, small pan or in a toaster oven – lightly toasted.
- Assemble the tacos! Add your preferred toppings to the warmed tortillas. We started with sliced radishes, then shrimp, followed by chopped avocado, cilantro, a squeeze of a lime wedge and a drizzle of Valentina. Enjoy!